USCIS began accepting applications to adjust status to lawful permanent resident from certain Liberian nationals under Section 7611 of the National Defense Authorization Act for FY2020, Liberian Refugee Immigration Fairness (LRIF). USCIS will accept properly filed applications until 12/20/20.
The following grounds of inadmissibility do not apply to applicants under the LRIF:
- Public Charge (INA 212(a)(4));
- Labor Certification Requirements (INA 212(a)(5));
- Aliens Present Without Admission or Parole (INA 212(a)(6)(A)); and
- Documentation Requirements (INA 212(a)(7)(A)).
Aliens are ineligible under LRIF if they have:
- Been convicted of any aggravated felony;
- Been convicted of two or more crimes involving moral turpitude (other than a purely political offense); or
- Ordered, incited, assisted or otherwise participated in the persecution of any person on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion.
Source: AILA Doc. No. 19122690.