You may file Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, online if you are applying as a single applicant (without co-applicants, or legal or accredited representation) to extend your stay and you hold status as a:
- B-1 temporary visitor for business;
- B-2 temporary visitor for pleasure;
- F-1 academic student with a specific status expiration date;
- F-2 spouse or child of an academic student with a specific expiration date;
- M-1 vocational student; or
- M-2 spouse or child of an M-1 student.
Filing online lets you:
- Get your application into our processing queue faster than mail delivery; and
- Communicate with us directly, without sending paper mail.
F-2 and M-2 Nonimmigrants
If you are in the U.S. with F-2 or M-2 nonimmigrant status and want to extend your stay, compare the expiration date of your status with your spouse or parent’s F-1 or M-1 status. If the expiration dates on both are:
- Different, you may apply online as an individual.
- The same, you may apply as a co-applicant using a paper Form I-539.
You can confirm your online filing eligibility at uscis.gov/i539online.
Source: AILA Doc. No. 19052241.