- 3/13/20, Public charge rule limited—USCIS notice
USCIS announces it “will neither consider testing, treatment, nor preventative care (including vaccines, if a vaccine becomes available) related to COVID-19 as part of a public charge inadmissibility determination… even if such treatment is provided or paid for by one or more public benefits.”
- 3/15/20, Sick removals suspended—ICE statement
ICE states it would stop deportations of anyone with a 100.4-degree fever.
- 3/17/20, USCIS in-person interviews suspended—USCIS statement
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services temporary suspends routine in-person services.
- 3/18/20, Worldwide visa suspension—State Department notice
State Department cancels routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments, effectively prohibiting new authorizations to travel to the United States. Only emergency appointments will be allowed.
- 3/20/20, Canada and Mexico tourist ban—DHS statement
Bars all Canadian visa waiver program travelers and Mexican tourists for 30 days.