The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced the designation of Ukraine for Temporary Protected Status (TPS).
WHAT IS TPS?
Temporary Protected Status (TPS) is being granted to Ukrainians that cannot safely return to their home country because of an ongoing conflict. TPS is available for 18 month.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- TPS is limited to people already in the United States;
- To qualify, Ukrainians must have continuously resided in the US on or before March 1, 2022.
- Are not removable from the United States;
- Can obtain a work permit (EAD);
- May be granted travel authorization.