JUST FIND YOUR ANSWERS BELOW:
For example, if you or your spouse have close relatives (children over 21, parents, brother or sister) living in the U.S. that are either U.S. citizens or permanent U.S. residents you may be able to petition for permanent residency through them. If neither of you have any close relatives in the U.S., but one of you can procure a job offer, within your field of expertise, from a company/school/research facility then you and your spouse could obtain your permanent U.S. residency as a direct result of your sponsor’s offer of employment.
Me and my husband have been married for 3 years and we have twin daughters who are US husband got arrested for assaulting and he has to serve till July 11, 2005.
Now he has lost his work visa and on July 11th when he’ll get released he’ll be picked up by the immigration authorities and they are going to deport him to India as he is an Indian citizen.
My question is how long do they take to deport him once they take him into their custody ? Is there a way to avoid deportation ? Since we’ve kids who are US citizens we want to come back to US in the future. If they deport him he wouldn’t be able to come back to US since he has to waive all his rights to come back to US. So if any one knows what to do in this situation please advice me.
Note: I have completed 2 years in this country already.
— your dad has worked for this sponsor for at least 6 months after filing his I-485 (adjustment of status) application, and;
— now has a new restaurant employer where he is working as a chef
the LC application. The employer is given 45 days from the date of the letter to respond. If the employer fails to, respond, the application will, be closed. Due to this ongoing reorganization, DoL is not yet releasing any case processing time reports. DOL reports that its Backlog Centers are processing al pending LC’s on a «first-in-first-out» basis.
In the mean time, my 6th year on H status will expire in January 2004.
1.) How can I legally remain in the U.S.?
2.) If my labor certification gets approved after my company files my 7th year H1B extension, will my H1B extension still be valid?
3.) If my LC is approved anytime between now and June 2003, I plan to file my I-140/I-485 immediately. However, by that time, my I-140/I-485 would not have been pending for more than a year. Will I be eligible for the 7th year H1B extension?
4.) I also want to visit India for 3 weeks in July 2003. If case my LC is approved by then, should I file for I-140/I-485 before going to India, or wait till I get back?
On the other hand, your husband can petition for the extension of his H1B status for any duration of time up to 3 years, and generally for a maximum of 6 years. Vacation time and personal time of can be recouped even beyond 6 years.
Although it is a misdemeanor and I will not repeat it ever; it will stay on my «record» (don’t know which one). I was concerned as to how will this affect my H1B prospects when I file one later this year. Again, I have no records and have always been in legal status. Right now I have an EAD.
This issue should not come up during the H1B extension. However, I caution you if you are traveling outside of the US and require a new visa.
Consult your attorney prior to traveling abroad.
What steps I should follow to bring my wife here?
I would appreciate very much if you could reply to my questions. I am in a very confused stage.
I am about to graduate and will need to transition from F1 to H1 again. Is my application for the H1 exempt from the visa cap?
I spent the third year of my degree studying abroad at the University of California San Diego and after a life-changing experience, am determined to return to CA to establish my working life.
I would like to get into PR or a writing related job. Something creative. Does anyone know of any companies who have, or are willing to sponsor a H-1B Visa in these types of areas?
Once you have a prospective employer, have an experienced attorney explain the sponsorship process to them.
If your OPT expires BEFORE 8/1/07, your H-1B petition will be approved, but your change of status will NOT be approved. You will be required to leave the US and attend an American Consulate for H-1B Stamping before returning to the US to start work on 10/1/07.
To avoid leaving the US, you must somehow maintain legal status. A possible solution is to re-enroll in school from the time your OPT or grace period expires until 10/01/07.
Scenario is I have consulted one consultant who is ready to help me get H1B visa.
But I am not confident on him. To assure that I get H1B visa this year I want to approach some other (may be 2-3 more) consultants who can apply for my visa.
So is it technically possible that multiple consultants apply for my visa?
And if it is possible then once I get my petition approved from multiple consultants how do I get my visas?
The result was that H-1B “winners” were chosen by random selection (as opposed to intelligent design). Within a week, Senator Cornyn (R-TX) reintroduced the SKIL Act (S.1083) and Senator Hagel (R-NE) introduced “The High-Tech Worker Relief Act of 2007” (S.1092). Both bills would significantly raise the H-1B numerical cap and exempt additional workers from the cap.